- My cart
- No products in the cart.
Paratransit is a door-to-door service for people with permanent physical or cognitive disabilities that make travelling difficult. Residents of the municipalities in the Haut-Saint-François (except Hampden) can use specialized transportation to travel within the MRC and to the hospitals in Sherbrooke.
1. Request for eligibility
To be eligible, the following two criteria must be met:
► The applicant must have a significant and long-term disability that creates obstacles in their daily activities. Consequently, any temporary disability (such as a fractured leg) does not make someone eligible for specialized transportation.
► With regard to reduced mobility, the limitations that make a person eligible for specialized transportation are:
– inability to walk a distance of 400 m on level terrain;
– inability to climb a 35 cm high stair with support, or descend one stair without support;
– inability to use non-specialized public transportation in order to complete all stages of travel to a destination;
– cognitive disability that renders a person unable to manage the logistics of time and space;
– inability to deal with situations and/or displaying behaviours that could put their personal safety or that of others in danger;
– inability to communicate verbally or using gestures (this inability alone does not make a person eligible for specialized transport).
If these criteria apply to you, you can fill out the application form for paratransit and attach the required documents.
Submit your file to the Admissions Committee of the Transport de personnes HSF. Requests will be processed within 45 days of reception. Your file will be evaluated by a committee that includes a health care professional, a representative of persons with reduced mobility and a representative of Transport de personnes HSF.
2. Reserving your transportation
If your application is accepted, you can make reservations for regular and/or occasional transportation by contacting the dispatcher at 819 832-2711 /1717. Please consult our list of routes.
GENERAL RULES FOR THE USE OF PARATRANSIT
To ensure the best possible experience and to maintain equity for all, a few procedures must be respected:
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance, except for Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. On these days, all reservations must be made at the latest before 11:00 am on Friday.
- A trip that you have reserved is a trip that must be paid for, unless you have cancelled 24 hours prior to your planned departure. An exception is made for the dialysis route.
- Do not make reservations or cancellations with the driver of the bus or taxi. You must always contact the dispatcher directly.
- Users must be punctual and be ready 5 minutes before the planned departure time.
- In order to ensure door-to-door service, it is important that your driveway be clear of snow. Drivers will not be able to stop at your home if the driveway or entryway is not properly accessible.